Samsung P1253GW Washing machine won't spin properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a samsung p1253 machine, its 13 months old so just out of warranty. Had to have the water pump replaced after 1 months so should have known we were going to have problems. Anyway i noticed the countdown was suddenly giving random digits it was on 0 then 49,58,38, etc so i turned it off and then back on a few mins later, It was going through the cycle fine this time until it got to 9 mins remaining on spin. It started spinning slowly clockwise then anti clockwise but would not spin fast it took about 30 mins for it to countdown to the end but the washing was still soaked. I then removed all the washing from the machine ( a few bed sheets ) then tried a spin cycle and it was fine but as soon i as put one sheet back in the machine would go to spin fast, then i could hear a slight knocking and the machine would just repeat the slow spin and take ages to finish agian leaving the sheets soaked. We have noticed lately that the machine was getting more vibrations when spinning fast and had to constantly level it off but then it would un level itself after a few weeks. I have read that it has 'Fuzzy logic' and if it detects excess vibration etc it will try 7 attempts to nomalize, could something have come loose therefore increasing the vibration resulting in the 'fuzzy logic' thing to come in to effect?
Any help appreciated as with 2 young girls you really need a washing machine to work properly. Many thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back