Sand and cement render onto Tyrolean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this has been answered before, but couldn't find a definitive answer when searching.

I'm hoping to apply a sand and cement render over a Tyrolean render on my home. Is this possible? I've seen some people saying you can do it and others saying to hack it off. I really don't want to as i think it'll be opening a can of worms from the look of the brick work underneath. One side of the house also has a cement render under the Tyrolean. The Tyroleab has gone on quite thin, about 10mm.

The Tyrolean is in good condition, painted but with no flaking. I will jet wash/sbr bond the walls prior to doing the render. Really looking for a heads up if I'm creating more work for myself and tips on what mix to use on the new render. If anyone experienced could let know I'd appreciate it, cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back