Sanding in awkward angles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

Hubby-to-be and I are (slowly) stripping paint off of two beams in the top room.

Got an electric sander to them, and they look lovely. Except for about one inch along the top of the sides where the sloping ceiling makes an acute angle with them... That's where the sander won't reach (guessing it's a 55 degree angle).

Ambitiously we purchased one of those little angled hand sand pads. It worked well for about 4 inches. Trouble is we've got about 36 feet to go.

We've looked in stores and online, but no detail sander under about 65 quid looks like it'll be able to reach.

I was thinking of getting a swivel pole sander -- which we could also use for one part of the beam which reaches over the stairwell, and later perhaps to sand the shine off the ceiling over the other staircase which the predecessors had the clever idea to paint in gloss.

Would this be effective, or is there another trick?

Cheers

Cat :D

Sponsored Links
Paint stripper first maybe to soften the paint up?....then dry scrape it....followed by sanding by hand?

As for pole snaders....I personally dont like them, they tend to leave a lit of things behind, id rather get up close and personal with a piece of folder abrasive paper.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back