sanding wall chases

IMO it is easier and less dusty to smooth off plaster using a wide-bladed metal scraper or stripping knife. It is easiest of all do do this while the patching plaster is still fresh and "cheesy", but you can wet old plaster to reduce the dust. You can support the blade on the flat plaster at either side of your blemish to level it off.

I like to use finish plaster for chases and other defects and put it on with a broad filling knife in much the same way. It is very cheap and sets quickly. You need two coats as it is inclined to crack if you apply one thick one.

I think I will give plasterboard jointing compound, as recommended above, a try next time.

Sponsored Links
Went with joe-90 solution, that stuff sticks very well to the wall, didn't pva it ,had a bath while it started to dry out so it stayed wet that bit longer, works a treat, harder than easi-fill but not to hard to sand ,comes up a good finish afterwards as well . :) So £5.69 for 25 kg seems a bloody good bargain to me.With polyfilla about £5 for a small box (1.8 kg) I'll be ££££'s in pocket ,good job seeing the whole house is getting an overhaul from top to bottom , :cry: :cry: :cry: there goes all my free time this year ,and some of next year as well ,will be worth it just to stop the nagging :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back