Sanding walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys.

I have plasterboard walls throughout (yuk) and have a rather large lounge to decorate.

just wondered what the best tool for the job would be when it comes to sanding the walls.

would a belt sander be just the job to get the sanding done eaisly and quickly?
or orbital?

I prepared a small hallway by hand with a sanding block, but this lounge is a lot bigger - and I'm hoping to get it prepped and painted in a weekend...

thanks,
Matt

Sponsored Links
ditto, surely if the walls are that bad they need sanded youd be better getting them skimmed

I just want to sand them because whoever owned the house before me did a shocking job of painting.

just wanted to make sure any big lumps of old paint and crud are smoothed out before painting. As well as the few filled in holes.

Sponsored Links
The only problem with pole sanders is that you cant get 'up close and personal' with the lumps and nibs, Id use a sanding block first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back