Sandwich generation.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mrs Mottie is off out today to sort out her mother’s blood test, shopping, read her electricity meter etc. Yesterday was her babysitting day for our grandchild - she got home at 9.30 last night. We're also looking after my mums dog while she is (needlessly) in hospital. Today I have to be at her house to meet the mobile dog groomer and I’ve just had a text asking me to water her garden - it’s fooking huge!

Mrs Mottie has said that what happens to the 'sandwich' generation! I’ve never heard that term before - have you? Are you the filling in a parent/child sandwich?

Sponsored Links
Sadly, all 4 of our top slices have shuffled off- mine way too early. However, our single bottom slice provides enough work for all 5!

I thought this was going to be a nice post about food...

I've not heard of it either. But certainly heading that way!

Mrs Mottie has just got back from a walk with her mates and one of her mates was telling them that she is running round like a blue-arsed fly after her mum and her daughters. Mrs Mottie told her she was a sandwich generation like her and the mate said "I'm more like a ****ing triple decker!" :LOL:

Sponsored Links
My missus works tirelessly for our sprogs, at her job and looking after her parents - although her ma and pa are fit and healthy and enjoy travelling (before Covid).

Yesterday’s and today’s 'instructions'. :rolleyes:

A346AC18-BB8F-4822-A79A-8E2C187CFD9E.png

I get no let up from Lexi either. She'll squeeze/burrow in any gap she can and the night before last, she crapped on our hall rug at 1.30am. Mrs Mottie heard her go downstairs and do the business. She was not pleased. Of course, I got the job of cleaning it up! Bloody rat-dog.

6804EB1F-20E1-43F7-BFA4-1E5EDE59F7CD.jpeg

Back