Sani-block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,
I changed the Sani block on my Glowworm 35ci, as the old one split (common problem I hear, new design has copper pipe there now :rolleyes: )
I cant stop the new one leaking where it screws on with one screw, tried it 3 times now, new rubbers etc,
Dont know why, I think its a stupid design just the one screw, anyone else had this problem with a possible remedy? I even tried some high temp instant gasket, which worked, but only when the boiler is on say 19C constant, if the stat is turned down and the boiler has a long while not firing up, it drips again :cry: as if the seal has contracted back when it gets cold
cheers :)

Sponsored Links
screws on with one screw????????
ok a long thin bolt, thats all

where part 88 in the pic goes on part 18

GW35cihydraulics.gif

Used one recently on an SD, fitted with new 'O' rings and no problems.

The three screws of which you speak are in the base, so you should'nt get any leakage from there. Did you use silicon grease, are you sure connections are sound.

;)

Sponsored Links
there are 4 washers sealing the plate to the plastic saniblocks with a screw each side. Change these washers and tighten both sides evenly. When you have the plate out a smear of silicon grease helps make a seal.

cheers DM and CLF, but it defo is one thin bolt and 2 rubber washers/o rings, as in the diagram, I will try silicon grease, hope it works, driving me nuts with a bowl under it :evil:

cheers DM and CLF, but it defo is one thin bolt and 2 rubber washers/o rings, as in the diagram, I will try silicon grease, hope it works, driving me nuts with a bowl under it :evil:

yes the "thin bolt" has two washers behind it, the same arrangement can be found on the right hand side. Have you tightened both sides evenly?

Have you used a full set of new washers or are you using the old ones?

yes the "thin bolt" has two washers behind it, the same arrangement can be found on the right hand side. Have you tightened both sides evenly?

Didnt have to touch the right hand side, as the sani block is on the left, the thin bolt goes through the plastic housing, and screws into the heat exchanger, there was no washer on it :confused:

Have you used a full set of new washers or are you using the old ones?

Yes they came with the new sani block

Cheers all

I have changed hundreds of these saniblocks and there are two washers that are recessed into the saniblock that seal against the plate. Have you changed these? By disturbing the l/h/s of the plate it is worth checking the r/h/s for tightness. I have never had problems getting the seals to hold, from start to finish normally takes me 40mins on average.

I have changed hundreds of these saniblocks and there are two washers that are recessed into the saniblock that seal against the plate. Have you changed these? By disturbing the l/h/s of the plate it is worth checking the r/h/s for tightness. I have never had problems getting the seals to hold, from start to finish normally takes me 40mins on average.

Yes the 2 recessed washers were new with the new sani block, I will check r/h/s when I strip it all down again, but its definitely dripping from the left where the sani block is. I will get 2 more new washers and have another go, and try the silicon grease as well, it just seems silly to me that it is held on tight with one small threaded bolt to the plate,

Yes the 2 recessed washers were new with the new sani block, I will check r/h/s when I strip it all down again, but its definitely dripping from the left where the sani block is. I will get 2 more new washers and have another go, and try the silicon grease as well, it just seems silly to me that it is held on tight with one small threaded bolt to the plate,

Many boilers of several different makes and models use one screw either side of the plate to secure it. It normally works very well and I never have a problem with the seals. Preparing the seals and plate surface prior to fitting is a good idea as it avoids taking the boiler apart several times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back