sani pro help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've just had a new sani pro installed by my plumber. No water supply has been connected yet. But i have powered the unit up and no noise comes from the unit at all. Is this normal or will it start working when it detects water. Any help would be appreciated. As it will be hard to replace unit when bathroom suit is installed.

cheers Dave

Sponsored Links
It's got a float switch so it will only operate when required.

As it will be hard to replace unit when bathroom suit is installed.

Make sure you make provision for maintenance. This is likely to require repair or replacement before you're ready to do another bathroom swap.

Any "plumber" who fits a macerator in a location where it cannot be removed easily for maintenance or replacement is a complete nupty.

There may also be safety issues with the connection of the unit to the mains and if he is a nupty you may need to take advice from a competent electrician.

The average operation time between faults on those units seems to be about 10 months if they are carefully used ONLY by family members who are 100% careful about not putting anything down them. The usual problem is someone in the family "forgets" or soap blocks the pressure switch tube.

They should never be the only WC in the property.

Tony

Cheers for your replies. Hopefully when the water is connected it will make a working noise. No issue with connection to mains as i am a competent electrician.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't worry about it not making any noise yet - once the unit is in operation it will make plenty!

Do they still give you a box of marigolds and two plastic buckets. :evil:

In the 40s we had a large galvanized bucket in an outhouse down the garden, :cry: Emptying it once a week was like totally disgusting.

Actually doing it in someones bathroom and sticking your hand in amongst the floaters beggars belief in 2009.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back