Sanicondens CD10 not functioning correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive recently had a Worcester 24 combi fitted in a flat which I renovated and have now rented out. The installer (GasSafe) used a Sanicondens pump for the condensate.

The tenant called me up recently saying there was water (condensate) leaking on to the floor below the Sanicondens. On inspection I discovered the Sani reservoir was full and no pumping was occurring. I then found that the connection between the small bore pipe and the white condensate pipe was bunged up with adhesive. I unblocked this and refitted the pipe and pump having emptied it out.

The pump is now running constantly when empty but weirdly switches off when the reservoir is full. I've taken it home, put a plug on it to test and sure enough when the float is down the pump runs and when I lift the float iup the pump stops. (the boiler alarm cable is not being used)

Have called the installer several times but he doesn't want to come out and doesn't know if he still has the receipt and Ive spoken to Saniflo who say call the installer.

Before I go and buy another unit and fit it myself can anyone shed any light on why the one I have is behaving like this?

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a manufacturer defect to me.

Which is all the less surprising when the rest of their product line up is taken into consideration.

Thanks for the reply Dan, shall be fitting a new unit today if I can source it locally. For future reference is this the only condensate pump or are there others on the market you'd recommend?

Sponsored Links
Amy, it seems that he/you have somehow disconnected the wires from the high level switch and refitted them back wrongly!

The microswitch probably has three tags and the one on the side is correct but the other is wrong and needs moving to the other one.

A very minor problem.

But do you have gas safety certificate for renting out?

Tony

Furthermore the unit should have been connected to stop the boiler from working when its full in case the pump has failed!

Not a very impressive installer!

Tony

Pretty sure the running of the pump is not affected by the cables available to the installer T.

You might want to check the destructions ;).

How did you get on with Mr Jewson?

I don't go to Jewson building merchants.

Selco perhaps or Builder Centre!

Apologies for the slow reply but to answer Tony's questions:

The top lid of the unit is secured by Torx screws and was not opened by either myself or the installer so I can only assume the microswitch was wired incorrectly at the factory. I have since bought and fitted a new unit and it functions correctly.

According to Saniflo it is not a requirement to fit the boiler shut-off cable.

Yes, the installer did issue a landlords gas safety certificate - unsurprisingly it passed as he was certifying his own boiler/flue and gas hob installation.

Regards,

Amy (aka Angus)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back