SANIBEST MACERATOR TOILET(SaniFlo Ltd)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had installed 8 years ago a Sanibest Macerator upstairs, second floor, when we converted a box room bedroom into toilet facilities. Pipework for regular toilet was not practical. The pipework for the macerator also includes pipe work for wash basin.

All has worked well and efficiently since installation and still does. However, recently we notice that when the toilt is flushed, or water is drained from the wash basin, (which starts the macerator in the same way as flushing the toilet), a noisy gurgling sound comes from the kitchen sink downstairs! No water comes up into the sink and the gurgling has not resulted in any "bathroom odours".

As this is only now happening and we have had 8 years of trouble free usage, we are concerned that something has gone wrong, is worn, come loose, some sort of blockage, etc.,

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions on this will be much appreciated. If any one has questions I will do my best to respond.

Thank you
sagleo

Sponsored Links
have a look at your manhole.
Does the same thing happen when you flush the main loo?

Hi 75Pete,

Thanks for responding. I have lifted up the manhole cover on the patio, all appears clear.

The main loo is on the ground floor, and when flushed does not cause the same gurgling sound in kitchen sink as when the macerated loo upstairs is flushed!

Is this good so far? (we are hoping this recent gurgling noise is not an indication that some serious problem is begining to rear up)

sagleo

Sponsored Links
Hi Bahco,

Thanks for responding. Can you enlarge a little on what you mean about venting and what and where may need venting?

Anti vac trap? Forgive me, I have not heard of such a device. Can you educate me? How is such a device fitted?

The kitchen sink has a rapid drainaway, no clogs or odours, water always drains away very quickly.

Appreciate anymore info.
sagleo

, a noisy gurgling sound comes from the kitchen sink downstairs!

Change the trap for an antii vac one which allows air in and will stop the noise. The gurgling means not enough air is being allowed into the pipework allowing easier drainage. :D

Hi Bahco,

Is the trap where the "U-Bend" is under the sink?
Do I unscrew where I see two screws are at the U-Bend, and insert this anti-vac trap.
To purchase one, is that what it is called, an Anti Vac Trap?

Thank you Bahco.
sagleo
p.s. we see the statement underneath your response re 45 weeks. Wonderful, congratulations are in order. Perhaps your statement may inspire my wife!

Hi Bahco,
Thanks for responding wirh the link, a good visual for me. I will plan tomorrow to buy one locally. Sounds like it could be the solution.
Thank you very much for you time and advice, much appreciated.
sagleo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back