Toilet for Saniflo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are installing a Saniflo macerator in the downstairs cliakroom but are struggling to choose a toilet that has room for it behind and still has the cistern flush to the rear wall. Any suggestions please.

Sponsored Links
Yes- don't do it if you can possibly avoid it. If you really must then have a look at this one https://victoriaplum.com/product/th...pled-toilet-with-wooden-soft-close-seat-white- the dimensions say there's only 76mm behind the pipe outlet but it looks a lot more than that to me.
Or try the Pro-Up macerator- that's side entry rather than front.

EDIT Wrong forum- try Plumbing
ANOTHER EDIT Just checked my cheapo B & Q £38 toilet- that has 170 mm from where the adaptor collar ends up to the wall.

Last edited:
If you struggling at all and really really really need to use a macerator, then get the sanicompact.

If you struggling at all and really really really need to use a macerator, then get the sanicompact.
Sorry bud and it isn't often I disagree with you but avoid the compact.
Look at the Sanislim or consider a baton of wood behind the cistern. There is the Turboflush but I don't like them either.

Sponsored Links
We are installing a Saniflo macerator in the downstairs cliakroom but are struggling to choose a toilet that has room for it behind and still has the cistern flush to the rear wall. Any suggestions please.
Bear in mind,some unfortunate soul will be digging around unblocking it at some point.

Look at the Sanislim or consider a baton of wood behind the cistern. There is the Turboflush but I don't like them either.
What's your reasoning? I was going to suggest a Sanicompact as well! Interested in hearing your far more experienced opinion, as on paper they look like a good idea

What's your reasoning? I was going to suggest a Sanicompact as well! Interested in hearing your far more experienced opinion, as on paper they look like a good idea
Have to remove pan to remove pump/motor box so takes longer to fix. Two components can give same symptoms and overly reliant on electronics in a nutshell.

Yes- don't do it if you can possibly avoid it. If you really must then have a look at this one https://victoriaplum.com/product/th...pled-toilet-with-wooden-soft-close-seat-white- the dimensions say there's only 76mm behind the pipe outlet but it looks a lot more than that to me.
Or try the Pro-Up macerator- that's side entry rather than front.

EDIT Wrong forum- try Plumbing
ANOTHER EDIT Just checked my cheapo B & Q £38 toilet- that has 170 mm from where the adaptor collar ends up to the wall.
Thinking you mean the Sanipack, useful pump with side inlet.

No bother JP, happy to bow to your experienced eye, only reason I suggested was as I have installed 2 of them for customers (not through choice I may add, and I have already told them if it blocks call saniflow not me :sneaky:) and not heard anything bad about them yet.

I also mentioned it because it's macerator and toilet all in a box rather than separate components so no issue with trying to fit things together when space is tight.

Look at the Sanislim or consider a baton of wood behind the cistern
This. ^^ We have a Sanislim in our downstairs loo. Boxed it all in so very quiet too.
0CA60ABA-055B-49BF-BE98-25638E8CC6EF.jpeg

Last edited:
Be careful about water pressure to the compact, they need minimum of 1.7bar and sometimes it need throttling back as high pressure can also cause problem.

That's going to be a pain to fix when it goes wrong!
Nah. It went wrong after it had been in about 5 years - I chucked a wedge of Kleenex down it when I had a cold and it jammed up - didn’t notice until next morning when I heard a humming and buzzing. Toilet and cistern out in one go, lid off, pipes disconnected and with a little bit of a kerfuffle it was out. With the advice of Just Pumps on here, I replaced the capacitor and it was all good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back