SANICOMPACT ...PIPEWORK ? ADVICE PLEASE !!

we are on limited finance....live in a small house...and have an 87yr old disabled woman who cannot walk very far...any other advice or opinions?

Sponsored Links
It had to be said, as it's a genuine and valid question, but I acknowledge that you may have no choice.

As far as installation goes, I can but echo the recommendation to avoid using compression or pushfit - you should stick to solvent welded joints (no pun intended).

another question .....i have now bought all the abs solvent weld pipes& bits and pieces...my question is now about the actual "weld" or "cement" or whatever it is called..i have been sold by my local plumbers merchants something called POLYPIPE ( gap filling cement )...but according to the directions it has to be left on for 10 minutes & not usable for 24hrs...that sound right?...as the other solvent weld fixings i have read about seems to imply that you have to be pretty quick in your application..as it sets very quickly..have i therefore been sold the correct item for the job ? ..or could someone recommend to me a product that is recommennded,,this is all i know need to know to actually start the job... many thanks yet again

worcesterman47 said:
...POLYPIPE ( gap filling cement )...have i therefore been sold the correct item for the job ?
No. Buy some solvent cement instead.

{Edit: the answer previously said "Yes", but I meant "No" all along. Sorry.}

Sponsored Links
hi ..you highlighted the following paragraph..

"POLYPIPE ( gap filling cement )...have i therefore been sold the correct item for the job ? "

you answered yes...and then to get some solvent cement instead...your answer is confusing...did you misread the paragraph as it seems you are agreeing that i was sold the CORRECT item
but advising me to get solvent cement...that is if i understand it correctly...if possible could you please reccomend a brand name, thanks again

Sorry - quite right - I mean "no". I'll correct the previous post in order to avoid confusion should anyone else read it.

Brand names: Brett Martin, Osma, the usual suspects...

worcesterman47 said:
hopefully last question is this is the correct item.........................................OSMA SOLVENT CEMENT NO2
Yes that will do it-in answer to your earlier question-I am sure you can get a slow bend in solvent weld fittings as well as a regular elbow and it might be a bit less bulky than 2 x 45's but still give a smoother curve than the elbow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back