extra toilet, 10metres and 4 right angles to the soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to fit a toilet, and the soil pipe will need 4 horizontal right angles and one vertical drop halfway along the length, 10metres away from the soil stack - That's the only logical way I can see to fit it. As long as I fit a few rodding points, will this work or do I need a macerator?

Sponsored Links
might need a vent or an air admittance valve if the length and gradient of the pipe causes suction. But as long as you can keep a steady fall of about 1 in 40, a mere 10 meters shouldn't be a problem.

Could you not add into the drain and have a dedicated soil from the new toilet ?

Sponsored Links
is this curious pipe run going round the outside of the house, or between joists?

Which side of the house is the foul drain, and which side of the house is the proposed WC? Are there any "manhole covers?"

If you attach a picture, it might help.

Owain, that's the plan, a vented pipe inside the house next to the new pan. Glad you reckon it'll work, I really don't like the idea of a macerator.
John: both ... between the joists, under the ceiling, down an inside corner, out through the 2' thick solid stone wall and along an extension to the outside stink, which comes to a higher level than the new loo. The drain is in the back garden, the new pan will fit in the middle of the house. It could be a little shorter if I stay inside and tee off the outlet with the present toilet, but I'd still have to go through the 2' thick wall.
Gigz, there is a manhole to the pipe, over a brickwork space to a stoneware gulley.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back