saniflo 22mm waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted a saniflo system in a house i am renovating and have found i need to fit an air admit valve.
As the discharge pipe is 22mm copper does anyone know where i can get a 22mm air admit valve that would do for a pressure system.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
is it because it is pulling a traps seal? if that is the case id say use a hep vo trap on the trap that is losing the seal and no need for aav

Someone please correct me if i am wrong but if you fit an AAV to the 22mm discharge from a Saniflo before it connects to the main soil stack, then surely you will have waste products being pumped out of the AAV???

Sponsored Links
My system needs an AAV as the point at which the 22mm pipe joins the drain is about 3 meters below the position of the saniflo.
This causes suction and pulls the water out of the sink and bath traps which in turn creates a smell in the bathroom.
Fitting an AAV would stop this as any suction created would pull air in through the AAV.
AAV's only work one way so only air in nothing pumped out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back