Saniflo Cable too short for Spur.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve just brought a Macerator (Saniflo Sanitop UP) and the cable is too short for the fused spur!!

I can’t lower the fused spur as it will be in the way of my vanity unit, sink and toilet.

What are my options in getting this connected? A Junction box? Another fused spur?

Thanks.

Attachments

• D31FC4F3-F6C5-473B-96EE-36BD0B9F1FBB.jpeg
    D31FC4F3-F6C5-473B-96EE-36BD0B9F1FBB.jpeg
    409.3 KB · Views: 147
Sponsored Links
Are there user serviceable parts in side? (i.e. normal screws holding the housing together, rather than security bits or completely moulded).

If so - I'd open up the case and replace the flex with a longer one. (May involve soldering, which if you can't already do, best to find someone who can - or learn prior to working on this unit)

Nozzle

Either a junction box of some description (even a 13A socket and plug) within the cabinet or a cooker outlet plate if this is likely to be buried and on show.

Sponsored Links
Best way is another fused spur. With the right equipment you can dismantle and rewire from the inside but the quickest way is with a IP67 connector outside.

if the blue tape on the wall shows where cabinets will be could you fit a socket inside the new cabinet

Yes, the blue tape is where the cabinet is going to be; left side is the sink, right side is toilet. Was thinking about putting the flex under the floorboard, into a junction box and up the trunking (in the wall) and up to the fused spur.

ip67 vs ipx4
I recall an email from Sani stating IP67 however that was many years ago but I`ve stuck to it.

Yes, the blue tape is where the cabinet is going to be; left side is the sink, right side is toilet. Was thinking about putting the flex under the floorboard, into a junction box and up the trunking (in the wall) and up to the fused spur.
Please consider anybody that has to remove and reinstall when routing the power cable.

Please consider anybody that has to remove and reinstall when routing the power cable.
That's why a simple '3 core flex connector' may be ideal :)
And if the connection was within the cabinet, many would consider that to be outside of zone anyway ;)

That's why a simple '3 core flex connector' may be ideal :)
And if the connection was within the cabinet, many would consider that to be outside of zone anyway ;)
I wouldn`t object to a connection inside the cabinet but not by running cable under the floor.

I’ve just brought a Macerator (Saniflo Sanitop UP) and the cable is too short for the fused spur!!

I can’t lower the fused spur as it will be in the way of my vanity unit, sink and toilet.

What are my options in getting this connected? A Junction box? Another fused spur?

Thanks.
Why is the FCU up that high? Where is the cable run? Where do you plan to fit the macerator?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back