installing a vanity unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My vanity contains 2 lights and a shaver socket which are operated by a pull cord on the unit.
I was planning on running 1mm sq cable from the ceiling rose into a fused spur which i was going to mount above my unit. The plan was then to connect the flex from the unit into the fused spur.
Is this a good solution or am I going about things the wrong way.

thanks for any help on this matter.

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't bother with the FCU, unless the manufacturer's fitting instructions insist on it.

If you do use one, make sure that it is appropriately IP rated for the Zone in which it will be installed.

Is it suitable rather than using a FCU to join the cable from the ceiling rose to the flex of the unit using a terminal block and to track it into the wall or do you suggest another method?

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Are there different Amp sizes for a flex outlet (blanking plate).
If so what would be the correct size to use to run off my lighting circuit into the vanity unit.
Also is it OK to use 1.5 mm sq cable to run from my ceiling rose even though the rest of the circuit is running on 1mm sq cable?

Thanks again.

paddy1 said:
Are there different Amp sizes for a flex outlet (blanking plate).
No. And a blanking plate is not a flex outlet plate.

Also is it OK to use 1.5 mm sq cable to run from my ceiling rose even though the rest of the circuit is running on 1mm sq cable?
Yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back