Shaver Socket - cabinet install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I plan to install a shaver socket (isolated transformer type) in the vanity unit (sink unit housed above) in my bathroom. Intended use is as a charging point for the kids electric toothbrushes whilst hiding them from sight.

I will run supply from a socket in the bedroom next door to the bathroom via a switched spur installed next to the bedroom socket.

Is it safe to install the socket below the sink (abeit not exposed to general water - only if I have a leak!).

The links I've read to regulations may lead me to abandon this (because I am just not sure!) whereas this is the ideal location for the socket and I believe it would be safe enough - just don't want to take any chances!!

Sponsored Links
I see no problem with this at all, so long as the bathroom equipotential bonding is up to snuff, but as an addition in a bathroom it is a notifiable job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back