Shaver Socket in Bathroom Cabinet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know if anyone can help me ...... but. Porcelanosa have these bathroom cabinets with a shaver socket in the top corner, but didnt have the cabinet I was looking for.

So I bought a cabinet from somewhere else, but want to get one of these shaver sockets to fit inside, to charge my shaver/electric toothbrush, as it represents a very elegent solution.

Any idea where I can get ANY type of shaver socket that will fit in a cupboard?

Sponsored Links
I fitted our shaver socket in our bathroom cabinet. I just got a regular bathroom shaver socket and a surface box. I drilled through the cabinet to allow the cable in and mounted the surface box inside the cabinet.

Don't forget to supplimentary bond the socket where relevant and it's notifiable to building control too

Don't forget the Building Regs advise that electrical accessories should be fixed to the fabric of the building, not furniture. :LOL:

where do they advise that? i don't remember seeing anything of the kind when reading either the law or approved document P.

Sponsored Links
Plug. Re-read my post. It advises that in the Building Regs. I did not mention the law or Part P. I also used the word "advise".

However, even though, as you sagely state, it is not law or Part P, it is good advice nonetheless.

Hey, that should work, its amazing how when you're trying to achieve a result one way, you miss the obvious.

Thanks guys, and yes I understand that the unit should be securley mounted, and it will be mounted to the back of a cabinet that is securely mounted to a brick wall.

Thanks again for the help.

securespark said:
Plug. Re-read my post. It advises that in the Building Regs.
building regs is a pretty vauge term,

do you mean the building act? do you mean one of the ammendmets to the building act (if so which one)? do you mean one of the ODPM approved documents (again if so which one)

or are you just repeating hearsay?

Well mine is actually fixed to the wall through the cabinet (which is also fixed to the wall)
Maybe think of the cabinet as a giant surface box :LOL:

plugwash said:
securespark said:
Plug. Re-read my post. It advises that in the Building Regs.
building regs is a pretty vauge term,

do you mean the building act? do you mean one of the ammendmets to the building act (if so which one)? do you mean one of the ODPM approved documents (again if so which one)

or are you just repeating hearsay?

Sigh.....

The IEE Electrician's Guide to Building Regulations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back