extension from shaver socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a similar requirement to the person wishing to connect a bathroom mirror light to his shaver socket in that I wish to connect a lighted bathroom cabinet via the wiring at the rear of my shaver socket.

The bathroom cabinet uses 10 x 12 Volt 10 Watt low energy LED bulbs for illumination and is also fitted with a 240 Volt shaver socket.

I was intending to connect the wires from the cabinet in parallel with the wires in the shaver socket, i.e. connect the cabinet wires into the
corresponding pins on the shaver socket without removing the original shaver socket wires. Will this work?

Sponsored Links
that'll work fine

note that being in a bathroom this work is notifiable.

Is there really someone staying up as late as I am to answer my question about adding a bathroom cabinet to a razor socket? If so I would like to express my appreciation for your kind response. I could not believe I got a reply so quickly! Computers are really wonderful

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

plugwash said:
that'll work fine

note that being in a bathroom this work is notifiable.

not sure if you saw my reply to you but if not thanks for your help. could not believe I would get a reply so quickly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back