bathroom shaver socket installation

Oh, I think it is! Well in which case the normal 17th rules apply for switches in a bathroom

Sponsored Links
Are you going to hard wire a toothbrush charger to a FCU?
They apparently want to install an FCU above a wall cupboard which will then supply a shaver socket in the cupboard below.
If the FCU is outside of zone 2, then no problem with that.

Given the issues over plugging toothbrushes into sockets designed and marked for shavers only, they would be far better locating the FCU inside the cupboard and connecting the toothbrush charger directly to it.

Sponsored Links
sparkybird.
fcu =dp switched fused spur? If so, then this is what i want to fit between the ring main and the shaver xfmr and it will be outside of zone 2 but not 3m from zone 1.
My cu is a split load (installed about 2001) with the ring main being on an mcb which is protected by a 63A RCD

flameport
Interesting suggestion! re hardwiring toothbrush charger directly into fcu. in cabinet
Can I do this and still comply with regs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back