shaver light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to fit a shaver light (incorporating a dual voltage shaving socket) in my bathroom, should I spur off a ring circuit with a fused spur unit outside the bathroom? say a 3A fuse and 1mm t+e? does it need to be protected by an RCD? thanks for helping

Sponsored Links
connect the shave light / socket to the existing lighting circuit, easier, less hassle, no fcu reqd

But make sure the live side is fed from the loop, not the switched live. You want the fitting to be "live" all the time, not just when the bathroom light is on.

securespark said:
But make sure the live side is fed from the loop, not the switched live. You want the fitting to be "live" all the time, not just when the bathroom light is on.
No harm in having it switched, from a health and safety point of view i'd prefer to see what i was doing when plugging in a shaver in case i did myself a mischief.

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
securespark said:
No harm in having it switched, from a health and safety point of view i'd prefer to see what i was doing when plugging in a shaver in case i did myself a mischief.

From a H-A-S POV??? You taken leave of your senses or what? Wiring it thro' the switched live would mean having to put the light on every single time you wanted to use the fitting. During daylight hours AND if you have a rechargeable t/brush or shaver, you'd have to leave the s*dding light on all day to charge it up.

Think straight, man!! What do you think the light on the strip is for???

securespark said:
kendor said:
securespark said:

From a H-A-S POV??? You taken leave of your senses or what? Wiring it thro' the switched live would mean having to put the light on every single time you wanted to use the fitting. During daylight hours AND if you have a rechargeable t/brush or shaver, you'd have to leave the s*dding light on all day to charge it up.

Think straight, man!! What do you think the light on the strip is for???
Bloody hell man calm down you'll do yourself an injury!
:LOL: I can just imagine you in your jammies with your rechargeable toothbrush :LOL:

kendor said:
I can just imagine you in your jammies with your rechargeable toothbrush :LOL:
It would never occur to me to imagine that.

Still - each to his own, live and let live and all that...

Well, I got news for the both of you:

I never wear jammies (or anything) in bed, AND I don't own a leccy t/brush.

SO THERE!!

securespark said:
Well, I got news for the both of you:

I never wear jammies (or anything) in bed, AND I don't own a leccy t/brush.

SO THERE!!
Then why did you go and get yourself so wound up about it?? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back