SANIFLO MACERATOR PROBLEM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just installed a new saniflo macerator in my bathroom. It was working fine for the first day no problems at all. Then this morning I flushed the toilet and the macerator didn't cut in like usual, luckily it was just water in the pan so it wasn't the end of the world. The unit itself must be full though as it started to back up into my shower tray. Now if it isn't the electrics what else could be causing the unit to stop working? There are no settings on these things, it's just a case of plumb in and off you go. Is there a safety feature to cause the blades to stop cutting in? if anybody has any ideas i'd be so very much appreciative. Many thanks Andyreno205

Sponsored Links
you say it's backing up in the shower tray poss the shower waste flap has not shut fully causing water to back up and this won't activate the pressure switch.
also common to install a hepvo non return valve on the shower waste which prevents backing up in shower tray.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back