Saniflo not clearing waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have installed a Saniflo Water Genie 500w macerator. The pipework is 1 1/2 rising 1.8m with 4 90 elbows before it starts the descent. After that there is 8m with 4 more 90 elbows and a good fall.

When it operates it seems to be pulling the water away, at least the water line drops in the bowl so I think that means its sucking well?

But its not clearing the waste. Tenant reports having to use a bucket (twice) to clear waste. I didnt need a poo at the time but look hopw it fails to flush some toilet paper

20211217 163653 - YouTube

Where do you think the problem might be?

Sponsored Links
I thinks that's more a failure of the flush rather than the saniflo, give it some more water.

Yes. Having some some research, it does sound like maybe the inlet holes are blocked. The cistern is already filling to the top so next step when im next there is to clean the inlets. Thanks

Try a bucket of water in the bowl. If that works, look at the flush/siphon in the cistern.

Sponsored Links
Just working on a site installing a Saniflo macerator; the (pictorial) instructions indicate that sharp 90º bends shall not be used. You should use either a gentle 90º curve, say a radius of 125mm/5in or 2 off 45º corners to achieve 90º corners.

Post 'Just Pumps' like. I was referring to the output.

The input (pan to macerator) shall not exceed 120mm length on the same level; shall not go up and should not go down by more than a few mm.

A few links,
https://www.saniflosystems.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Saniflo-Sanislim-Installation-Guide.pdf
https://www.plumbworld.co.uk/documents/saniflo-saniplus-up-installation-guide-6003.pdf

Last edited:
Hi

Where do you think the problem might be?
Problem lies between pan outlet and pump inlet which is full of waste matter. Need black bin liner and gloves to remove once the pan is removed for access.

I thinks that's more a failure of the flush rather than the saniflo, give it some more water.
Dos look like a trickle rather than a flush. Check or change your syphon. Make sure the pan inlet is not blocked - it was/is common for plumbers to use putty to align the flush pipe - if they use a lot it can restrict the syphons flow.

As above - get rid of the syphon and replace with a flush valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back