sanyo plasma Tv My surround sound/DvD Black & white picu

Sponsored Links
I think you need to explain a bit more
If you are connecting your dvd to your tv you have a multiple of options to get a good picture ( depending on type of DVD and TV)
the options are:

HDMI this uses a hdmi cable straight from dvd to tv ( only if you have the right type of dvd and TV)

component this will generally be three phono plugs:
green ( often called Y)
blue (Y-B)
Red (Y-R)

RGBS this is generally a scart cable

SVHS or Y/C a small 5 pin din type socket

best thing to do is work out the best matching output/input combination and plug the cable in.
then the fun begins:
you have to make sure that the dvd is outputting what you want it to
and the TV is set to receive the correct signal.

the problem is that if your tv is not set correctly how can you see the menus!

You are on a British site and we use PAL system for out TV's. We started with a mechanical colour TV pre-war and when it was seen the cathode ray tube worked better although at that time in just black and white we changed. However we learn from your mistakes and used a different encoding system. As a result our colour is a lot better than yours. Many have referred to US system as Never the same colour twice.

I think therefore you would be better reposting on a US site.

Sponsored Links
You are on a British site and we use PAL system for out TV's. We started with a mechanical colour TV pre-war and when it was seen the cathode ray tube worked better although at that time in just black and white we changed. However we learn from your mistakes and used a different encoding system. As a result our colour is a lot better than yours. Many have referred to US system as Never the same colour twice.

I think therefore you would be better reposting on a US site.

They did away with NSTC, and had progressive scanning, and 1080p WAY before we did.....even though they still have NTSC...you are thinking #so retro! mark! lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back