SAPA Artline Interlock removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

I am looking for any suggestions that may be helpful in finding a solution to a problem in a property where I do certain maintenance jobs. I don't deal with windows and doors but have offered to help the owner try to find a plan of action. As you will see from the picture below a triple glazed sealed unit has blown and needs replacing. The window unit is a SAPA Artline with two fixed panes each side and two sliding doors in the middle. It is one of the fixed panes that has blown. Local glaziers say that they can't help because the window system is now obsolete (the company who manufactured the windows - now called Hydro - say the same), it was installed when the property was built in 2014. I have gleaned that the problem is that with the windows being 'frameless' the interlock (see arrows) is bonded on to the sealed unit. I am making enquiries with Aluminium spares suppliers to try and find a replacement interlock but no luck so far.

Am I right in thinking that to get the sealed unit out, the Interlock would need to be 'persuaded' off the sealed unit without damaging it so that it could be re-used and does anyone have experience of how this might be done?

The alternative, if repair isn't possible would be installation of a whole new set of sliding doors, very costly, hence I am trying to exhaust every avenue to avoid this.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Artline Interlock.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back