Saracen High Security Gearbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

One of my UPVC window openings got jammed. I managed to open it using a twisting motion with a wood chisel. The Saracen gearbox has broken. However, it looks like a non-standard one as it is stamped 12857 & has square ends to the side rods. I can't find any reference to it using google. I incorrectly bought the standard replacement assuming they were all the same but my original rods do not fit. Is it possibe to get a replacement or do I have to buy new rods to fir the gearbox I bought?

Thanks for listening!

Edited with pic

Attachments

• IMG_7215.jpg
    IMG_7215.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 97
Sponsored Links
Going through some of my van stock it appears I have both, which do you need? Pm me your address and I'll post it you if it helps you out, flipping heck just noticed your in Norfolk, I was in Norfolk yesterday, would of popped round and dropped it in for you

Attachments

• 20160914_191312.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thank you Crank39. Gearbox arrived this morning (he even posted it first class!) & funnily enough I had the day off so fitted it within minutes of it coming through the door (even though it was raining quite hard!). You sure you don't want some beer money!? P.S. Where do you actually get these gearboxes from (other than the standard oval type) just in case I need some more in the future?

No beer money required, just glad to help and good to hear you got it fitted without any problems.

As for suppliers, we use northwest hardware, dg supplyline, security hardware, king solutions, lock finder to name a few

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back