Sash Window Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We just bought an 1891 Victorian Terrace house with sash windows, some in working order, some in various states of disrepair - broken cords, painted shut, sills rotten. Our budget is tight and I'm prepared to do some work myself but does anyone know someone who does refurbs in Sussex for reasonable rates - we want to get the front ones done first professionally which are two large bay windows, and I'll do my worst on the ones out of sight :oops: . I'm not even going to attempt to do the cords, so I'll def need someone to do that much if anyone has any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Sash windows might have been designed for easy maintenance. Just put "sash window cord replacement" into Google before you dash off and spend lots of money.

A competent joiner should be able to repair the woodwork of sash windows if it is completely rotted away, but most often sash windows can be repaired by anyone with a bit of time and patience.

Hope this helps.

Mike H.

Sponsored Links
yeah, obviously i've tried yellow pages and google but prefer to go with recommendations rather than price alone, so if someone could recommend someone in sussex etc that wuld be good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back