Sat and TV reception cables

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:oops: sorry folks not sure if this is a suitable topic but i think im in the right forum.

At the moment ive run Sat and TV cable down the stud walls from the loft to the living room, now the wifes talking about a change around with the furniture in the living room, just in time for the redecoration... lol

The question is:

Can i 't' piece under the floor (i've got access) to the new TV and Sat position at the opposite side of the room, or do i have to run seperate cables from source to new position?

Im not sure of the loss i'll entail with a t piece especially with Sat cable??

Thanks for the help as always.

Dinger

Sponsored Links
they can be joint, but youll loose signal quality

:(

Thats what im worried about,, ahh well thatll be new cables from source

Thanks for the reply m8

Dinger

Sponsored Links
too late,

i was under the floorboards today rahashing the electric wires round the right way.....dont ask!! they were not routed to my normally faultless neat mode (bordering on the annaly retentive) they were put in as a stop gap and ive now rerouted and pinned them all. So while i was under there I fed the Sat and TV cables down the other side of the room.

An Amp wasnt an option under the floor but i may wire one into the loft.

As always thanks for the info.

Dinger

don't tee; but joint/extend with a back to back F-Connector. The loss is only a few dB and your reception will probably still be fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back