Sat nav

Yes it sounds similar, mine came complete with a socket that plugs into the fag lighter for power, but it didn't come with an sd card.

Sponsored Links
but it didn't come with an sd card.

Nor did mine, but when I bought it, SD Cards were very expensive and the camera relatively cheap. Now they are so cheap it's worth getting the largest capacity which it can work with. I chose mine, based upon how small and discrete it was, it locates by sliding onto a bracket tight up to the windscreen, with it's camera mounted on the side, only able to be rotated up or down to suit the screen angle. On the rare occasions I have had to leave the car with a garage, the camera has continued to record every time it has has had the ignition turned on and no one has realised the camera is there and recording.

Last edited:
OK Thanks for all the replies. I am now waiting for an sd card to arrive! This is the one I purchased.

Attachments

• 20220929_083324.jpg
    20220929_083324.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 54
Sponsored Links
Most/all SD cards are an SD card adaptor with a micro SD card in them.
Nope, not quite, but most microSD cards come with an SD adapter!
Although I admit, the number of pure SD cards are dropping as micro becomes a new standard.

...and it appears the first working prototype of a 2TB microSD card debuted a couple of days ago!

Last edited:
Ok so I have the thing up and running ,but the screen doesn't light up when I turn the ignition on! any ideas welcome.

Ok so I have the thing up and running ,but the screen doesn't light up when I turn the ignition on! any ideas welcome.

Are you sure it has power? Any lights at all? Could the screen be disabled, unless you press a button to wake it up?

Hi Harry
Thanks for the reply.
When the ignition is on there is a small red light indicating power but the screen doesn't come on like I have seen on other dash cams, if you touch the screen anywhere it will come on for about 30 seconds then goes off again.

Hi Harry
Thanks for the reply.
When the ignition is on there is a small red light indicating power but the screen doesn't come on like I have seen on other dash cams, if you touch the screen anywhere it will come on for about 30 seconds then goes off again.

It seems like it is a built in feature, you wouldn't want the screen lit, when you are driving in the dark anyway. There might be an option in the menu, to have it stay on longer.

Some cams have shock sensor which records in the event of an accident ( say your car is parked and hit while stationary).
Unfortunately the cams tend to save these files so they are not recorded over , they eventually build up on the memory card ( just closing the car door hard can trigger this feature) so periodically you remove the card and wipe it on your pc or reformat while in the cam which also wipes it.

Some cams have shock sensor which records in the event of an accident ( say your car is parked and hit while stationary).
Unfortunately the cams tend to save these files so they are not recorded over , they eventually build up on the memory card ( just closing the car door hard can trigger this feature) so periodically you remove the card and wipe it on your pc or reformat while in the cam which also wipes it.

Mine does that - it also has a button you can press to save the previous few minutes and the next few minutes, so once per year I take it out and reformat it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back