Smart phone sat nav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I had my Nokia it had Ovi maps on it, which I thought was good.
My new Android smart phone I have tried a few sat nav apps, but there is nothing that I am excited about.
Who uses what & comments welcome.

Sponsored Links
I assume you tried google navigation which would have come with it? I believe you can buy tomtom for it too.

Not sure if its available on the android but my windows phone uses HERE maps and HERE drive.

Both require a data connection when looking for locations but when loaded in the data connection is broken and the GPS sat nav takes over.

Used it in Europe as a check on the TomTom earlier this year (without data connection) and it worked very well.

Sponsored Links
Not sure if its available on the android but my windows phone uses HERE maps and HERE drive.

Both require a data connection when looking for locations but when loaded in the data connection is broken and the GPS sat nav takes over.

Used it in Europe as a check on the TomTom earlier this year (without data connection) and it worked very well.
I think the 'Here Maps' is Nokia on Windows

Try M8 (mate).
I have that installed.
I am just looking for what others are using.
There are some that show speed limits, some don't.
I was looking for a place the other day, & it did not say I have reached my destination, it just sent me round different circles, the post code I had put it was behind another company.

I don't know much about these things, but Wife's iPhone map is excellent. I've used it when she's been driving (to somewhere we weren't sure of the location) and the moving icon to show current position is very accurate.

The only thing I think would be an improvement is if you could superimpose a satellite or hybrid view (as on Google maps).

i just use google navigation,but everytime it wants to update the app.it seems to move the navigation part further into the program.so i just uninstall the update and get the basic program back.its never let me down as of yet.

I don't know how Samsung do it, but the thing it comes with as standard works better than some dedicated Sat Navs I have used.

There aren't many options, (voices, colours etc.), but once you get used to it, it works bloody well! (Galaxy Note II bty).

Waze is fantastic. You sign in with an account and then you can report things you see like heavy traffic, police, accidents and the map updates in real time. . Chat with other users, see average speeds etc. Free. Give it a go. .

I use NAVFREE on iphone and android.
Stand alone app so web access not required.

NAVFREE kept trying to send me down dead ends.

Sponsored Links
Back