iphone alternative

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my iphone 3gs gives really poor signal. Im on Voda and have had the handset changed twice now. Looking on the web this seems a common problem. Anyone suggest a good alternative but a bit cheaper? I would go back to my old nokia that i could charge up once a week - but i use WhatsApp messenger.

basically im after a cheap smart phone that can run apps.

thanks

Sponsored Links
I tried a Samsumg Europa, didn't like it, now have an HTC Wildfire that seems fine. They are Android phones so apps are different. However the PC synchronising is nowhere near as good as my old SonyEricsson was.

Battery life is good as a phone, but runs down in a day if using the web. It charges on the mains, off a PC USB, or in the car.

The best phone at the moment is the Samsung Galaxy 2 s ... its around £400 ... but worth every penny

If you want good value and high spec for relatively little, then try the Orange San Francisco or Monte Carlo - about £120 ... either can be easily unlocked and will run most Android programs

or have a smart phone *and* a dumbphone. The dumbphones are better for signal. I've got a 3gs which is great for all its apps, the sony ericsson is the workhouse and what I use for phonecalls!

Sponsored Links
Got myself the Wildfire S, not the latest tech but is a good all round android phone. Some good deals available on it at the moment, and be bought for less than £200 PAYG.

Nokia N9, pretty expensive but it can do anything any phone out there can do, and more.

The best phone at the moment is the Samsung Galaxy 2 s ... its around £400 ... but worth every penny

If you want good value and high spec for relatively little, then try the Orange San Francisco or Monte Carlo - about £120 ... either can be easily unlocked and will run most Android programs

I've read reviews of the Galaxy Ace that seems good. £200 @ CPW.

Sponsored Links
Back