Bought Iphone 4 - my review!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok I admit to being a little caught up the Apple hype and bought the iphone 4. A very good looking phone, but usability is very poor. I live on the outskirts of town and always had full signal strength with my Sony Ericsson phone. With the iphone 4 I am down to 1 bar - without even holding it! If I was a townie, I wouldn't care but when you are working in houses/travelling signal isn't often 100% so with this phone I think I will have a lot of missed calls! Also I sent a text message and it remained in the outbox until I realised, presumably because of the poor signal.

Also I have found you are very much locked into Apple when it comes to customising your phone. Everything is centred around itunes and it costs ££ to download ringtones. I couldn't find a way to load my own.

I tried to transfer my old contacts via bluetooth but the iphone snobbishly refused to talk to my sony lol.

Sorry but the iphone may be just right for the geeks and fanboys but just isn't good for tradesmen who need a phone that actually works. I'm going to be returning it asap back to the shop.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I download a lot of music on itunes. But my Samsung doesnt recognise the file type. Another way for Apple to drum up business for itself - "buy an iphone/pod or have your music confined to the PC".

I do have an ipod for the car though. :cool:

Also, on the news people were saying it worked better in the right hand than in the left.

Dont have the latest iphone, but would find it difficult to go back to 'normal' phone. My i phone has become a trade item.

Everything is centred around itunes and it costs ££ to download ringtones. I couldn't find a way to load my own.
I'm no fan of the iPhone htgeng but just so you know, there is a way of creating your own ringtones.

Watch the video here: http://www.cnet.com.au/how-to-make-your-own-iphone-ringtones-339291124.htm

To clarify one point in the video, if you have a MP3 that you want as a ringtone, the iPhone (like a lot of phones), only allows a maximum of a 40 second ringtone so you need to decide which 40 seconds of an MP3 you want. The video tells you to limit the START TIME and STOP TIME of the desired MP3 to 40 seconds or under, so I suggest you listen to your desired MP3 and watch on the time line (either in iTunes and/or Windows Media Player etc), to see the start and stop times of your favourite section of the MP3 track. For example, if the 'best bit' of the MP3 you're listening to is at the time line of say: 2:31 until 2:56 then you now know that your START TIME needs to be set at 2:31 and obviously the STOP TIME set as 2:56.

Hope that makes sense. Sorry I can't help with the reception!

Lets all go back to landlines.
That would really screw them up! :LOL: :LOL:

buy apple and affirm **** status. it's pretty simple.

My brother is itching to get the new iPhone - he's got an old one, plus an HTC - though he hates the HTC. The problems he's had with that are horrendous - he had a £32 charge on his bill for a download that it did itself in the middle of the night!!!! No reception, keeps cutting calls off, takes 3 days for a text message to be sent (he'd be quicker with a pigeon) and the list goes on.

He's totally into all the new gadgets though (hence the dozens of phones he has lying about). I'm just happy to have a phone that makes phone calls, sends a text and takes a photo and even a video if I'm lucky.

Was fair taken with the spirit level app though - till I found out that you need a spirit level to calibrate the spirit level app.............................. :LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He's also got a Sony Ericsson Vivaz that he's had for a month and wants rid of and the LG Prada that he got when it came out and didn't like it and numerous Nokias.

You wanna sell your iPhone? It'd stop him going on about it!!

Sponsored Links
Back