Satchwell Minivalv replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After at least 30 years service the 2 port 5 wire Satchwell Minivalv on my CH is getting temperamental. The valve itself still turns freely. Naturally I'd prefer to just replace the actuator. Would anyone know if the Sunvic SM5203 is a direct replacement. I'm thinking particularly does it fit directly onto the existing mounting plate and engage the tongue of the valve. The plastic body looks a little different and it looks like it bolts through the mounting plate whereas the original has studs in the actuator that pass through the mounting plate for nuts. Mounting holes appear to be in the same corners though.
I'm fairly certain the valve was installed early 70's so it has lasted amazingly well.
If anyone knows if it's a direct replacement be grateful to hear. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think you mean Minival !

Sunvic SM5203 Actuator For Minival 5 wire
•Model: 964002
•Manufactured by: Sunvic

Price Inc. VAT: £53.39

•Sunvic SM5203 Formerly Satchwell.
•Replaces SM4203, SM3203 Actuators.
•Actuator fits ML or EML bodies.
•Sunvic SM5203 Installation Instructions

You do not quote the original Satchwell No. The Sunvic heads fit, but you need to establish the wiring will be the same. Is your old valve spring return, or motor open motor close?

Sponsored Links
It's a MoMo - 5 wires, yellow, white, blue, orange and the earth. The tongue on the valve is just a flat piece of metal, the plastic housing on the actuator that mates with the tongue is a simple slot. I have the original Installation Instructions from 1974, no numbers on the actuator, just a sticker with the wiring instructions but the original instructions makes a reference to a five wire SM3203 and SM3204 so I would think 3203 is the original number.
The wiring on the current SM5203 is the same, the 5203 is a MoMo but will it line up. Was hoping someone might know otherwise will have to find a local stockist and take a look.

I think the letters are stamped on the body and visible after removing the head.

Tony

Thanks Agile, indeed the numbers are stamped on the bottom. It is a SM3203. From your first post it the 5203 should be a direct replacement. Many thanks.

just to confirm the 5203 is a direct replacement. The original does have two captive studs to fit to the body whereas the 5203 doesn't so some suitable fixings are required. Bet it doesn't last 30plus years though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back