satellite numbers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am puzzled by the televisions in my caravan. I have two, both the same make.

I have a satellite dish on the roof of the caravan that finds Astra 28.2. This is handy in places where there is no decent terrestrial signal. There is one co-ax cable from the dish that is then split into two, one for each TV.

What I find difficult is that the two TVs have different configurations for channels.

Examples are BBC One Scotland is on 49 on one TV and on 29 & 68 on the other. 5USA is on 646 or 99.

The other problem is that when I move to a new site some of the numbers change.

I’m obviously doing something wrong but how do I fix it?

Sponsored Links
That's simply down to whichever EPG each TV manufacturer chooses to use.

The Freesat EPG puts the channels in a familiar order for UK viewers used to watching Freeview and Sky.

The Freesat EPG costs a TV manufacturer money (a licence free) for the ability to include it in their sets. This is an ongoing annual licence fee and it covers official access to the EPG and the ongoing updates as channels move or get added or cut.

The end consumer doesn't see this as a cost though other than in the higher price of the TV at the time of purchase.

You can (probably) go into the TVs menus and put the channels in any order you like.

Can’t see why they should change when you move though.

you are not supposed to split the signal coming from a dish to more than one tv, it is supposed to be one feed per tv

Sponsored Links
you are not supposed to split the signal coming from a dish to more than one tv, it is supposed to be one feed per tv
I agree that was my thought but the dish was professionally installed with some system that enables the dish to find the correct satellite anywhere I stop in the UK. I guess it is set up so it can feed two TVs, it certainly works well.

I agree that was my thought but the dish was professionally installed with some system that enables the dish to find the correct satellite anywhere I stop in the UK. I guess it is set up so it can feed two TVs, it certainly works well.

It likely has a dual LNB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back