Terrestrial and satellite installation advise needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
In my new home I have a single coaxial cable heading from outside to inside box where it meets coaxial cables running to TV/Radio sockets installed in all rooms. I am planning to install DAB, FM, DVB antennas using triplexer/combiner and satellite dish with with two LNBs attached to splitter or diseqc switch. What I need is advise that equipment to use to make it working properly.

As a triplexer/combier I'd like to use for instance:
https://cpc.farnell.com/optima/114212/outdoor-fm-dabuhf-tv-triplexer/dp/AP03518

Then for satellite LNBs:
https://www.inverto.tv/lnb/206/twin-4-feed-lnb-for-90e-130e-1920e-and-2350e-for-80cm-dish
+ another one to cover 28.2+28.5 positions.

What should I use to combine/sum the triplexer with satellite signal?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GG343VW/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_BDWA992E9NQA2AJE51RF

or I should use something else?

Also is it possible to cover 28.2 and 28.5 with single LNB converter assuming 80cm dish?

What should I use in the cable box at home to distribute the signal?

regards,

Sponsored Links
What is the end use of all of this equipment - as in what television / radio / other do you actually intend to use, and in how many rooms?

That LNB only has 2 outputs, suitable for two separate receivers or one receiver which has two inputs for recording one thing while watching another.
Most of the programming available on 9E,13E,19.2E and 23.5E is intended for Europe, is in languages other than English, and a substantial proportion is encrypted and won't be available to anyone in the UK.

UK programming is on 28.2E, which is both free to view and pay to view. No practical difference between 28.2 and 28.5, the same dish and LNB will do both. Usually installed by Sky when paying them, or for use with the service called Freesat.

DAB is only of use if you have standalone DAB receivers that require an external aerial. The same applies to FM.

Terrestrial has the same set of free channels as Freesat, there is little point in having both.

The triplexer unit linked to is a cheapo thing designed to shoehorn three sets of signals into a single coax cable, for people who inexplicably require television, FM radio and DAB radio at a single location but only have one coax cable available. If you must use such a thing, the outlet will need a triplex plate to separate the the signals.

The Amazon item is intended to shove UHF signals into 4 separate cables that already carry satellite signals. The sat signals are passed straight through, so if you only have 2 LNB inputs connected, only 2 of the outputs will be usable. Unlikely anyone would actually need such a device as in the UK, all free to air terrestrial channels are already available on satellite.

Then for satellite LNBs:
https://www.inverto.tv/lnb/206/twin-4-feed-lnb-for-90e-130e-1920e-and-2350e-for-80cm-dish
+ another one to cover 28.2+28.5 positions.

[/QUOTE]
That Inverto will give those 4 satellites down two (only) cables. You will need diseqc capable receivers at the other ends (only 2 available).
You will not be able (easily) to add 28˚E as most diseqc receivers can only select one of 4 positions

Hi,

What should I use to combine/sum the triplexer with satellite signal?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00GG343VW/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_BDWA992E9NQA2AJE51RF

or I should use something else?

Not with that, you don't have 4 individual LNB outputs.
Maybe this:
https://cpc.farnell.com/labgear/cm-...8984899580837&utm_content=Aerials & Satellite

Also is it possible to cover 28.2 and 28.5 with single LNB converter assuming 80cm dish?

Yes. But an 80cm dish is unnecessary for the UK. Use a sky zone 2 minidish.

What should I use in the cable box at home to distribute the signal?
Not sure I understand this question.

That Inverto will give those 4 satellites down two (only) cables. You will need diseqc capable receivers at the other ends (only 2 available).
You will not be able (easily) to add 28˚E as most diseqc receivers can only select one of 4 positions

I didn't clarify that I want satellite signal working on two TVs/rooms only so my assumption is that I need dual LNBs. Everywhere else DAB+DVBT will be more than enough.

So how this works? Does it take signal from triplexer/combiner (TV) and diseqc (SAT) and then combine it to the single cable heading to the distribution box at home?
I am aware about limitation in terms of maximum input and output connectors per single diseqc but can I stack them to achieve what I want?
What should I buy to make this working as I imagined it?

Not sure I understand this question.

I meant a splitter between single cable from aerials and cables running to each socket/room in the distribution box at home.

Sponsored Links
Satellite I have a hybrid LNB with output to Sky Q and also 4 outputs to free to air boxes. Not sure how Sky Q works, but others depend on voltage to LNB which swaps from vertical to horizontal so one box per output.

To receive DAB or FM or any other radio AM, side band etc. Some one within range must be transmitting. So all depends where you live. I really can't see the point in transmitting the same things on multi systems. However not found a unit which can receive satellite radio without having some sort of screen to navigate the programs.

I can turn on TV select say radio 4 extra then turn off TV and listen to it with hifi, but such a phaff around selecting programs, so I use Nest Mini's and simply talk to them and say what I want.

I have radios galore, but only thing I can pick up is the local heritage railway PMR radios. Seems there is one radio ham in the valley, but unless I move to HF, radios are useless.

I am sure you can likely receive radio better where you live, but advice is useless without knowing location.

Satellite I have a hybrid LNB with output to Sky Q and also 4 outputs to free to air boxes. Not sure how Sky Q works, but others depend on voltage to LNB which swaps from vertical to horizontal so one box per output.

To receive DAB or FM or any other radio AM, side band etc. Some one within range must be transmitting. So all depends where you live. I really can't see the point in transmitting the same things on multi systems. However not found a unit which can receive satellite radio without having some sort of screen to navigate the programs.

I can turn on TV select say radio 4 extra then turn off TV and listen to it with hifi, but such a phaff around selecting programs, so I use Nest Mini's and simply talk to them and say what I want.

I have radios galore, but only thing I can pick up is the local heritage railway PMR radios. Seems there is one radio ham in the valley, but unless I move to HF, radios are useless.

I am sure you can likely receive radio better where you live, but advice is useless without knowing location.

Well, this is not an answer for my question. I do have Nest mini, midi, home max FireTV and Google TV and I quite often stream radio to them. Also I am not planning to subscribe the Sky.

I am aware about limitation in terms of maximum input and output connectors per single diseqc but can I stack them to achieve what I want?
What should I buy to make this working as I imagined it?

No. And even if you could most diseqc switches (built into receivers) can only select 1 of 4).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back