saturday food shopping rage!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is it about Saturday's that bring out all the morbidly obese, the diminutively geriatric, the uncomprehendingly unhygienic and the heaving swarms of infants to be;

at the same supermarkets as me,

at the same time,

all vying to take up the EXACT SAME POINT IN SPACE/TIME AS ME?!!!!

Just come back from Aldi. Everywhere I turned, there was either some decrepit old granny (complete with BLUE-RINSE, bared teeth and ridiculous fleece coat with dog patterns on it!), a humongous unwashed bloke or a screaming infant ready to run under my feet!!!

I sear it's a bad idea for these shops to sell either kitchen knives or power tools! Had to work verrrry hard indeed to ignore the voice in my head that said: 'Move. Move. MOVE! Iwillcutofyourheadsandchopyouintolittlepieces! neeeaaaghhhhhHHHHEEE!!!'

Does this make me such a terrible person?

Sponsored Links
wanabechippie said:
Does this make me such a terrible person?
No, IMO. Customers are always getting in my way, trying to wind me up (without realising it). Some customers just know how to get on my nerves. :evil:

Theres the goons who think that paying for a newspaper with a £20 note at 6am is OK if they say "sorry m8 its all ive got"

The pregnant 18 year olds pushing prams around, buying crates of stella and 100 ciggys.

The old men with lottery playslips that are just as old as they are.

The people who come to the checkout, with their arms wrapped around all their shopping, and dump it all on the WRONG side of the checkout, so it has to be lugged to the other side to scan it. I can see them thinking "this checkouts badly designed if he has to lug it all over there" GRRRR

[/rant]

Dont go shopping on a saturday, especially any European cheapo places like Netto and Aldi. Asking for trouble. :rolleyes:

Crafty said:
Dont go shopping on a saturday, especially any European cheapo places like Netto and Aldi.
when i worked for HP i hated anyone who welt to Aldi / netto, they always used an own brand of cheap soap powder. It was this soap powder tha caued the problems. its mostly made from calcium carbonate (chalk)

Sponsored Links
wanabechippie said:
What is it about Saturday's that bring out all the morbidly obese, the diminutively geriatric, the uncomprehendingly unhygienic and the heaving swarms of infants to be;

wanabechippie said:
Just come back from Aldi.

Kind of says it all. :LOL:

wanabechippie said:
Kind of says it all. :LOL:

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.... :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

Never mind Yeah,Yeah, Yeah..... tis fact

Them places are full of bus catchers.

Try one of the more up market stores like sainsbury's.

Much more expensive, but a better class of scum ;)

:confused: Breezer wrote:

"It was the soap powder that caused the problems".

I must have missed something - what problems were they ? I have never been in an Aldi shop, by the way.

Expensive beauty products are about the worst offenders in using excessive and totally redundant packaging. They charge the earth (a pun here ?) and after all the cellophane, boxes and plastic formers are removed you are left with a minuscule bottle/tube of product.

I can see the need for food packaging - it helps stop the nutters who want to contaminate stuff on the shelves, for whatever reason. But if they are determined I guess they can do the job with a syringe through the packaging anyway.

wanabechipie---wanabechipie, et al, Use The Force. Just "go with the flow"

We all get through this life the best way we can. Some are more fortunate than others.

If you think thats bad you want to go to B@Q on Wednesday, thats the day that OAPs get 10% off everything.
Think your being a bit unfair about Aldi though.
They pay their staff about £3 an hour more than the other supermarkets.
They don't give out plastic carrier bags by the thousand, and they will not accept credit cards. This is how they keep their prices down.
On top of that some of their stuff is very good, it's just that we have not heard of the brand names.
If you went Germany they no doubt think the same about Asda own brand stuff.
Don't be such snobs.
Yes we do our major shop at Asda or Sainsburys but we are now using Aldi more and more.
Its just the name that we are paying for in the major players.
Remember the reputation Skoda had a few years ago and now people have started to realise that you don't have to pay through the nose to get value for money. They are now at the top in terms of value and reliability.

Anobium:

Totally agree with you about the quality of Aldi. I am unbelievably skint for 99% of the time so can't afford to go to the likes of tesco or sainsburys. I find the stuff in Aldi is of good quality and a heck of a lot cheaper.

If only I could go there when all the 'other' nutters have gone.... :rolleyes:

I find whistling the Laurel & Hardy theme when attempting to manoeuvre though the aisle logjams helps. Gets a few funny looks though.

Sponsored Links
Back