saturday food shopping rage!

If only I could go there when all the 'other' nutters have gone....

If you think thats bad, you want to go to Asda, it's the pit's some days particularly when the schools are on holiday.

Sponsored Links
I'm an Aldi fan. Trouble is it's got so darn popular. People who once upon a time looked down their noses at the place are now beating a path to their door. I saw one snooty neighbour in there once but when she was unloading the shopping back home it was all in Sainsbury carriers.

It's buisy shops in general that really get to me. I don't even bother heading out to the shops over the xmas period. Do all my crimbo shopping on line so as to avoid the xmas crazies.

I have seen B&Q resembling more of a Playschool than a shop at times. Wee nippers being left to play hide-and-seek amongst the sharp-pointy-thing section always seems a tad irrisponsible to me! :confused:

wanabechippie
To OP
Yes it makes you look an appear here a complete **** !

Crafty
keep telling you young lad, get too aldi their managers are on far more money than you at your very expensive knock off shop ...see the grocer mag ,lol

scatmanjohn
*Much more expensive, but a better class of scum*

good points , like Tescos t*ssp*ts ...lol..lol

cuthbert7454
well said .....;)

markie
*When you don't have much in the way of money, you get as much for your £ as you can.*

good statement , :) some forget their humble beginnings dont they ?

I mainly shop at Marks & Spencer now ......lol...lol...lol..lol

fleur de lys printed toilet rolls ... hahaha ,
I ask you ..lol..lol ??
an my late wife enjoyed the bottles/cases of Pinot Grigio

but they dont sell pint cans of stella :(

Sponsored Links
They pay their staff about £3 an hour more than the other supermarkets.

Think you'll find that they call in more staff than required and have the extra sat around in the staff room (unpaid) so they are never short staffed and so they can attract staff with the high wage - but works out about the same if u add up all the unpaid time sat twiddling your thumbs....

Not confirmed - just something I was told....

plumbunny said:
They pay their staff about £3 an hour more than the other supermarkets.

Think you'll find that they call in more staff than required and have the extra sat around in the staff room (unpaid) so they are never short staffed and so they can attract staff with the high wage - but works out about the same if u add up all the unpaid time sat twiddling your thumbs....

Not confirmed - just something I was told....
Why would staff sit in a room, unpaid? Wheres the attraction? Surely they'd just b****r off home? Sounds proposterous. Aldis are very efficient anyway, my local Aldi never seems to have any more than 4 staff on, 1 of whom is on the till.

Crafty said:
Why would staff sit in a room, unpaid? Wheres the attraction? Surely they'd just b****r off home? Sounds proposterous.

Cos if they didnt they'd be sacked and wouldnt earn £7.5x the hours they do work - ends up working out the same as another supermarket, plus sitting in a room is easier than working double the hours somewhere else.

Another reason for the pay, i'm told is that they have to remember all the prices of everything in store cos there are no barcodes/automated tills. So maybe thats what they do in the staff room! :LOL:

Another reason for the pay, i'm told is that they have to remember all the prices of everything in store cos there are no barcodes/automated tills. So maybe thats what they do in the staff room!

I've heard that, and it's an absolute load of bo**ocks.
If they could remember all the prices, which must number in the hundreds or thousands, they would surely be capable of earning loads of money at the LSE.
They have had barcodes and automated tills for a few years now .The difference is that they are all capable of doing any job in the store.

Crafty said:
The old men with lottery playslips that are just as old as they are.

Impossible, seeing as the snottery started on November 19 1994. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back