Saunier duval f24e heating shut down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you in advance for any help that might come my way.
Right, lets start at the beginning. I recently had the problem where everytime my daughters ran a bath, I noticed the radiators started warming up and the bath water was only luke warm.
This seems to be a common problem, the diverter valve. A local plumber charged me £170 to replace it. It seemed to solve the problem but like an idiot I didn't check the heating, only the hot water situation.
6 weeks later I tried to fire up the central heating for the first time.
No joy. It's almost like I've got a block. The boiler fires up then you see the temperature gauge rise in front of your eyes! After about 20 seconds it peaks then the boiler shuts down. The heat never makes it out of the boiler. The pipes are stone cold.
I've tried bleeding the radiators, I've bleed the pump. I've checked that the pump is spinning as it should do. To the untrained eye it all looks fine.
My plumber did have a poke around but to be honest, he's not filling me with confidence. I get the impression he knows little more than me.
He suggested changing the pump but I'm not so sure.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Did he close the isolation valves for flow and return underneath and not open them after ?.

As it was almost THREE years ago even he has probably forgotten by now what he did!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back