Saunier duval f30e experts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got an Saunier Duval Thema Condens F30E,
Been running great until it stopped and keeps flashing error code F29.
I've checked the fault codes in the book and it come back with Thermal fuse, replace heat exchanger.

Plus, is there a reset procedure has I can't find one in the manual?

Please, any help :)

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
time to get rid of the boiler for your pockets sake , that the best help anyone could give .:)

If it's the one I'm thinking of it's a non-replaceable part within the main heat exchanger; cannot see the heat exchanger listed as an available spare anymore so unfortunately it would be a new boiler. I think when Vaillant took Saunier Duval off the market they also binned off a lot of spares supplies as if you repair a Saunier Duval, you wouldn't then be buying a Vaillant........
Or is that me just being cynical...

Sponsored Links
Just found it, available as a spare but will be pricy....

If only things were that easy :(
It's pretty much that simple I'm afraid. The thermal fuse can't be reset, nor can it be replaced on its own as if that's blown your boiler has overheated really very badly. The heat exchanger will almost certainly be damaged as it's only made of thin plastic on the outside, and with this kind of overheat situation it gets a bit melty. A whole new heat exchanger must therefore be purchased and fitted. Very much NOT a DIY job. A good half a days' work, so about £200 to fit it (more if you're in London), which means throwing £600-700 at something which will still be a heap of junk containing very expensive spares when you're done. Cut your losses and get rid

Yeah I've pretty much come to the same conclusion now, Worcester Bosch I think next

I wonder why you have chosen that make?

Not likely to be the choice of most boiler installers on this forum!

Yeah I've pretty much come to the same conclusion now, Worcester Bosch I think next
Nooo, don't fit a Wooshitter Bodge, overpriced rubbish, especially at the lower end of the range, and heat exchanger failures aren't unknown. Buy an Intergas instead - if you're on a tight budget the Rapid will suit you as you can have a 3 year warranty initially then pay a bit more for a warranty upgrade to 7 years later on. If you can stretch a bit then an ECO RF will give you a 10-year warranty. Both have very robust all-metal designs which will never ever suffer the kind of failure your present boiler has had. They've also just won the H&V News Awards Product Of The Year - Woofter weren't even finalists

Seem to remember plastic bits under the HE.

Apart from one having the "O" ring assembled wrongly and leaking, they have not given me any problem though.

Tony

I thought Worcester Bosch as they seem to be the preferred choice, is this not the case?

According to Which magazine, maybe.

Otherwise, a big no.

I thought Worcester Bosch as they seem to be the preferred choice, is this not the case?
Only by Which? magazine, who may or may not receive a large chunk of their research funding from WB... As I said, overpriced boilers - they use cost-cutting plastic components, some use rubber hoses for the internal gas pipe, they're really badly laid out making them difficult to service, and with 350 in-house engineers charging around the country 364 days of the year, probably dealing with four or five jobs per day each, you only have to run the numbers to realise they aren't as reliable as they'd have you believe. Yes, the backup is second to none, but wouldn't you rather have a boiler that simply doesn't need that kind of backup in the first place?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back