saunier duval isofast condens f35e combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a saunier duval isofast condens f35e combi boiler installed 9 months ago. i am getting repeated 01 - ignition faults. turning boiler off/ on sometime s helps but fails again at some point. Interested to know if this is common fault and resolution.

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks Dave, we are on the 3rd visit but haven;t got to bottom of problem yet. hoping this may have been fixed by someone else and speed up resolution

If this was a common fault on that model then the manufacturer's own engineers would be the first to know what it was!

The normal expectation would be that the gas supply pipe was undersized and the CO² percentage had not been checked/set by the installer. The engineers should have discounted those causes though.

It can also be a wrongly placed flue seal ot a faulty component like the EHT generator, electrodes, gas valve or PCB.

It may be annoying when they cannot find it but without paying for somebody else to visit you dont really have any choice.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The Engineer replaced PCB and Ignition module today and tested CO2 levels. It was working ok when he left and 1hr later i have F1 fault code (ignition fault) again!

its frustrating and I do expect manufactures engineers to be able to diagnose and fix but it seems to be going on a bit now

Id put an intermittent fault down to the gas valve, assuming the gas supply is adequate.

Intermittent faults can be VERY difficult to diagnose, this is where experience of the same fault in the past is priceless.

Agile said:
If this was a common fault on that model then the manufacturer's own engineers would be the first to know what it was!
Tony

Not with group service, they are a bunch of muppets :eek:

the engineer did put a voltage meter on on gas control valve and on one instance when it didn't light the voltage was zero. he explained this as something was telling the supply to be stopped but not sure what.

i have tried powering off / on the boiler and it doesn't always help but i did notice if i left the hot tap running then power the boiler off / on it relight - not sure in this is significant or just coincidence

Could possibly be flame rectification electrode, if this has one, at fault

martin2007 said:
the engineer did put a voltage meter on on gas control valve and on one instance when it didn't light the voltage was zero. he explained this as something was telling the supply to be stopped but not sure what.

If this really hapenned then it might have been caused by the PCB or other external device but not the flame detection.

Or his test probes might have slipped! Its better to use croc clips but few people do.

The average Glowworm engineers seem to be quite good as we rarely hear any complaints about them here.

We usually hear about problems with contractors for Home Serve and BG but the latter are probably just because there are so many of them.

Tony

Tony

Agile said:
The average Glowworm engineers seem to be quite good as we rarely hear any complaints about them here.Tony

Dont move to Norfolk or cambidgeshire then Tony. The muppets that work for group service here are absolute w*****s. They are so bad in technical knowledge and customer service that myself and other Vaillant installers are meeting to discuss what boilers we can fit instead of Vaillants. We all love the product, but totally had enough of group service muppets upsetting the customers.

They only give calls to our actual Vaillant engineer when group service is fully booked. We are not prepared to accept this :evil:

In trying to get boiler to light i have noticed if i run the hot tape first then power off / on boiler it lights straight away

is this significant or just coincidence ?

having probs with leaking things on this boiler too. the manufacturers are useless. Can any one suggest where we can take our complaints further as they don't want to know. The spray from the leak went all over the electrics and now it is asking for all kinds of codes and there is no heat or hot water.

having probs with leaking things on this boiler too. the manufacturers are useless. Can any one suggest where we can take our complaints further as they don't want to know. The spray from the leak went all over the electrics and now it is asking for all kinds of codes and there is no heat or hot water.

are you talking about the same boiler? where are u in country?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back