Saving cable techniques

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i am aware that often you can run just one alarm cable from the panel to dectectors if they are in close proximity such as back to back pirs. Another method i see is running an 8 core from the panel to the keypad position then from the keypad position a cable to the front door contact saving cable.
I will get to the point, I am installing 2 bellboxes front and back, i am aware how to connect them, using the negative tamper return from the first to supply the second.
Is it acceptable to run just one 6 or 8 core from the panel up to the attic into a cqr tamper protected junction box (accessible of course), then from this junction box a cable to each sounder?
Is that an acceptable wiring method or just a bodge? Or should both cables from each sounder run back to the panel independently?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Both back to the panel or depending on how many zones expanders ect ....wire second bell to expander if it was a Texecom premier ...

Sponsored Links
Thanks i will take both cables back to the panel and not be a lazy tightassed git:LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back