Need to extend cables on Veritas R8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to extend / re run some cables to my veritas r8.

The first cable is to a magnetic door sensor.

The second one is a single cable from the control panel to a small junction box. Into this junction box is another magnetic door sensor and the keypad.

I've downloaded the inst manual and done some digging but can only find info on altering the keypad wiring, from what I can gather would be -

Panel cover off
Disable tamper
Power off
F4 fuse out
Alter cable
Power / panel back on.

If this is right then is there anything else I need to do in terms of extending the magnetic sensor cables? Are there any other fuses that need to be removed or are they run from f4 as well?

I was thinking of disconnecting the battery as well, but I understand the bell box has its own battery and the interruption in power will cause it to sound? (I don't have any long ladders to get to the bell box).

It will probably take a while to route the cables so I don't fancy the sounder going off the whole time.

Can anyone go through best sequence for doing this please?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Assuming your talking about standard door contacts.

Then there is no power, so you just extend the cables with alarm cable and junction box's.

The keypad being powered, you can either wire it live or take out the keypad fuse, rewire and put it back in, as long as there is no shorts the keypad fuse shouldn't blow.

If in doubt get a local alarm installer.

It never entered my head they could be volt free.

Thanks for that, will have a look at it this weekend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back