Decommission Veritas R8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've tried to look this up, and think from other posts I know the answer but would like to just clarify before I get started.
I have a Veritas R8, with two remote keypads, internal sounder and two external bell boxes. Over the years, I've changed the user code to compensate for some dodgy keypad buttons, and I've had the battery in the main unit replaced. The system has served us well for at least 10 years but I really need new keypad membranes and I've noticed one of my PIR's flashes oddly when detecting movement. Because of its age, the yellowing of the sensors etc, I've decided to replace it when I have my house rewired next month.
My question is this.. is there any way to stop the external bell boxes sounding when I open them up to remove? I have the engineer code if this will help.

It is my understanding from other posts that I should start with the bell boxes, but the alarm will sound because of the tamper switch in the bell box and I will just have to remove the battery to shut it off. I'd obviously prefer to be able to use the engineer code to tell the bell boxes not to sound before removing their batteries.

Thanks,
Marcus.

Sponsored Links
Ladder job
Disconnect bell boxes first then total power down system.
Engineer code will not help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back