Veritas R8 bell box in erratic alarm

See my post above, a Texecom Odyssey panel will be the most straight forward

Like this one?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEXECOM-O...UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item1e759ec88a[/QUOTE]

That's fine, they do a number of different designs (shapes) that model is the 1E this has 1 sounder (109 dB) that is fine for most situations.

The wiring couldn't be simpler on your panel you will have terminals marked A B C D S on the Bell Box you also have A B C D S you just connect like to like (A to A, B to B etc)

[/img]

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I don't ever remember seeing one that bad.

Its in the post, once again I can't thank you all enough. Once fitted I'll supply feedback.
Kindest regards Otto

Sponsored Links
Hi group, got round to fitting the new bell box today, however I noticed that the wiring diagram is labelled differently, I've included a photo below for the old bell box which I am replacing with a Texecom premier E, the connection terminals on it are marked as Strb (S) 0v (D) Tmp (C) Bell (B) +12v (A) Any advice would really be appreciated as our house move is bearing down upon us.
Kind regards Otto, West Cumbria

Hi group, got round to fitting the new bell box today, however I noticed that the wiring diagram is labelled differently, I've included a photo below for the old bell box which I am replacing with a Texecom premier E, the connection terminals on it are marked as Strb (S) 0v (D) Tmp (C) Bell (B) +12v (A) Any advice would really be appreciated as our house move is bearing down upon us.
Kind regards Otto, West Cumbria

The wiring couldn't be simpler on your main panel you will have terminals marked A B C D S on the Bell Box you also have terminals marked A B C D S you just connect like to like (A to A, B to B etc)

So if you have a pink wire connected to A on the main panel then connect the pink wire to A on the Bell Box and so on.

Oh, right I'm with you now, back up the ladder I go, just before I do, do I have to set the jumper for the battery to on before I finally refit the cover.
Regards Otto

Job completed, apologies for the delay, just got my broadband back on, BT are useless. Anyway, bell box fitted and working fine, new owners didn't even notice.
Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated.
Regards Otto

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back