Texecom Veritas R8 - would not having an external bell box throw a tamper fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have installed a Veritas R8 with one door contact and an internal sounder; NO external bell box.

When I power on the panel I get a series of 9 beeps which I assume is the tamper fault. Given I have no external bell box, do I need to bridge some of the external bell box terminals in the panel as you do with un-used zone terminals?

I am only assuming this is causing the tamper, I will be performing the walk test after work this evening and checking what is causing the tamper fault.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
As this is a new panel you will be able to confirm where the tamper is coming from, look at the manual its all in there.

normally the panels are provided with links in certain places and they are removed as you install the zones, bell and global tamper, although the panels don't always come with the links in, but you should have a packet of links.

Thanks both.

This is a used panel, it’s lighting zone 1 when looking at the tamper info (which I believe is bell / global tamper).

If I’m not using the tamper terminals do I need to insert a link in the TAMP terminals?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back