Veritas R8 Plus- removing a sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Veritas R8+- professionally installed but not under a maintenance contract. I have 2 magnetic switches connected to zone 1, (front door and garage door) We are getting rid of the garage door and replacing with a window- so the switch is redundant. I've referred to the installation manual and my mag switches don't appear to be wired at all like the diagrams in the manual; both have yellow and blue connected to terminals 1 & 5, with nothing else connected. There is a junction box where both cables run back to, the yellow of one sensor is connected to the blue of the other, then the 2 opposite legs are connected to 2 wires (green and white) going back to the panel.
Do I simply need to cut the unwanted sensor out and connect the blue and yellow of the wanted sensor to the green and the white wires?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well I won't be calling that installer to do my service then once my extension is finished!

Maybe I can just rip my control box off the wall without it going off too then!

I think what they have done is run a single 6 core to a point, then served the keypad, internal sounder and zone 1 sensors off the one cable (teeing in the 2nd zone 1 sensor. Guessing this left them short of wires, but it seems damn lazy to me if that is the case.
I will get another couple of cables run to serve a new PIR (on it's own zone this time) and to serve zone 1 properly!

The point of a control panel is not to be found before it does its duty.
Your wiring and explanation was to lead it was done rather poorly.

An examination of your needs is to be done before you do more works.
A brief sketch would assist.

Late reply I know, weddings do that hic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back