Wiring broken - vibration sensor to main alarm box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Scantronic 9448+ Alarm

We had some flooring put down and unfortunately a cable that runs from a vibration sensor for the burglar alarm on the back patio doors has been ripped out, can someone shed some light on how to connect these back up?

This is the cable that runs to the vibration sensor on the patio doors with red, blue, yellow and black wires .....

to_sensor.jpg

The cable that runs from the main box has more wires: red, blue, yellow, orange, black, brown, green and white... and should connect up somehow to the other leading to the vibration sensor. The green and white appear to have been joined together? It's unclear how the rest should be connected as these have just been ripped up and could have been separated. My logic tells me in the first instance to connect red, blue, yellow and black wires from both cables but then what to do with the others or am I completely wrong?

to_box.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
What wires are in the panel zones.

I suspect red pos, black neg, blue yellow alarm, white green tamper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back