Scaffolders scarped

Speaking of scaffolding

we work at a HSE training centre
They run safety courses for amongst other things scaffolding

I was there last week they had a course going on with about 15 candidates

mostly or all specifiers and site managers etc ?

directly opposite the centre on the other side of the road was a large house were substantial scaffolding had been put up so as the roof could be replaced the scaffolding included a temp tin roof

up rock the scaffolders to take it down oh dear

blokes running around on the tin roof in shorts bombing stuff down from 3 storeys up all opposite an hse training centre with an ongoing scaffolding safety course going on :LOL:

safety centre had the entire site closed down on safety grounds and that was that

Sponsored Links
What jurisdiction did they have to do that?

Were the courses run by HSE themselves?

Sponsored Links
What jurisdiction did they have to do that?

Were the courses run by HSE themselves?

I don’t know tbh

John Ryder training centre in chertsey Surrey

They went over an issued some type of notice to them

than a phone call to some one I assume council ????

and that was that shut down

the person who issued the notice was a lady

John Ryder training centre in chertsey Surrey

I once spent a few weeks working in in Kingston on Thames and used to drive home via Hersham and Chertsey. Whenever I saw the 'Hersham' sign it would have a strange effect on me, namely, me breaking into song, more specifically, Hersham Boys by Sham 69.
One evening I was driving the van down Chertsey High St singing 'Hersham boys, Hersham boys Laced up boots and corduroys' at the top of me voice when I looked at the pavement and saw Jimmy Pursey of Sham 69 stood outside a hotel/pub.

What are the chances of that happening?

Who says it is unsafe?

It was blatantly obviously unsafe.

However, the good news is that they suddenly appeared and finished it over the weekend (y) How long it will take to get them to remove it when the job is done remains to be seen though :unsure:

I once spent a few weeks working in in Kingston on Thames and used to drive home via Hersham and Chertsey. Whenever I saw the 'Hersham' sign it would have a strange effect on me, namely, me breaking into song, more specifically, Hersham Boys by Sham 69.
One evening I was driving the van down Chertsey High St singing 'Hersham boys, Hersham boys Laced up boots and corduroys' at the top of me voice when I looked at the pavement and saw Jimmy Pursey of Sham 69 stood outside a hotel/pub.

What are the chances of that happening?
I did a big orangery in Hersham - it was about 12 metres long with utility room.

Nice leafy Surrey suburb

Sponsored Links
Back