scaffolding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it illegal for the council workers to put up scaffolding that encroaches on my property which is privately owned?

Sponsored Links
Yes it will be considered trespass.

Unless of course they have tried some kind of preemptive prior notice that used words such as "if you do not object to a scaffold upon your property and have not replied to this notice within 14 days, then we will consider blah blah blah..."

Can you go into more detail?

Hi thanks for your reply

I live in a privately owned property next to a council house which is having a new roof put on it. The scaffolders have put up the scaffolding all on the next door property but then as they have gone to the top they have brought the scaffold out and across to my bedroom window. I have taken pictures and tried to speak to the council telling them that i am not happy with this. I need to know if what they have done is legal as I want them to take it down away from my bedroom window and away from my back door.

I have pictures but can't get them off my phone.

I'm pretty sure there is a law/covenant etc that states other people have legal access to your property to maintain their own property. AFAIK this cannot be revoked....

I would look up that first.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back