scale inhibitors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got any opinions on the electronic scale inhibitors. Do they really work or not?

Thanks

Thornton

Sponsored Links
Does snake oil work?

Do magnets improve fuel consumption?

Is there gold at the end of a rainbow?

They may work in your property but not next door, or vice versa. The only definite way to prevent scale etc is a water softner ;)

as oil says they are bunkum

pure and simple

also beware of doing what gas says and having a water softener, if you do make sure its bypassed for you filling loop

if you have an aluminium heat exchanger it will start looking like a colender real kwik

also rads hate softened water

:)

Sponsored Links
I'm not a fan of electronic inhibitors too. I sometimes find them with scaley crusts on the joints. I usually use a Combi-Mate scale reducer when fitting a combi. They can protect a single appliance or the whole of the house. You have to top them up once or twice a year with siliphos balls. They cost about £100.

corgiman said:
as oil says they are bunkum

pure and simple

also beware of doing what gas says and having a water softener, if you do make sure its bypassed for you filling loop

if you have an aluminium heat exchanger it will start looking like a colender real kwik

also rads hate softened water

:)

I can tell you're on call this weekend as well corgiman. I agree totally with you but didn't think to go this deep into it, just assumed it was on cold inlet ;)

hairy muff gas

I hate working ALL the time

:(

mind you I aint check my lottery ticket yet you may be talking to a millionaire

Must find my monocle ;)

Being self employed is no better :rolleyes: perhaps worse as when you 'leave off' you still have the paper work and quotes to do and in my case the orders from my internet shop. 24hr job most of the time. No wonder I don't get out more or even away from my PC :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back